Anchor Petroleum Limited was incorporated in 2000 with the focus of marketing and distribution of petroleum products such as LP Gas (Cooking gas). Anchor Petroleum Limited is a wholly indigenous company and a Member of Nigerian Liquefied Petroleum Gas Association (NLPGA). Anchor Gas is also an off-taker of LPG from Nigeria (LNG) Limited.
The company- using the trade name of “ANCHOR GAS” commenced trading in bulk LP Gas in 2012, and later ventured into distribution of cooking gas through refilling plants (retail outlets)
The company presently operates from three retail outlets in the following locations: 1. University of Lagos, Akoka; 2. Itamaga, Ikorodu; and 3. Yaba College of Technology, Yaba. With these three refilling plants, Anchor Gas was able to achieve sales turnover of about N800 million in the year 2018, and this is expected to improve in subsequent years.
- Anchor Gas has a combined storage capacity of 120MT (210,000 Liters), and efforts are on-going to increase this to 400MT before end of 2020.
- Anchor Gas is focusing on the following two major segments of the market in the city of Lagos to start with:
- House hold end-users and re-sellers
- Bulk distribution to heavy users of LPG such as manufacturers, multinationals, eateries, hotels, hostels, etc.
- Anchor Gas has four delivery trucks with the capacities ranging from 20MT (bridger) to 5MT (bob tail). The availability of these trucks makes movement of LPG (cooking gas) from the depot to any of our refilling plants seamless.